Vehicle Emissions Certification Engineer
Allen Park, MI
• Emissions Certification Engineer
• Program planning and management of official emissions test programs in support of US certification and/or export homologation for gasoline and/or diesel engine products
• Prepare and submit emissions, Fuel Economy (FE) label & Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) data to appropriate authorities (Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) / California Air Resource Board (CARB) / Non-US Local Authorities
• Prepare, submit, and maintain the applications for certification/homologation
• Authorize plant build and shipment
• Notify EPA/CARB/ Non-US Local Authorities of running changes to production
• Ensure compliance with applicable EPA/CARB/Global emissions regulations, FE regulations and other application reporting requirements
• Define durability requirements and coordinate exhaust durability programs
• Work with vehicle program teams to provide emissions regulatory guidance and address emissions issues
• Act as liaison between company and government agencies on emissions certification/homologation and FE matters
• 1+ years Engineering experience
• 1+ years of Microsoft Office experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
• Bachelors degree in engineering or equivalent – mechanical, chemical, or electrical preferred
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.