Wheeled Vehicle Model-Based Code Developer
Sterling Heights, MI
- Perform system and subsystem requirements analysis, development, integration, and test for functionality on medium-caliber turret platforms. Area of interest is lethality.
- Perform system, subsystem, & LRU-level requirements analyses across lethality functionality, identifying interfaces & functionality for multiple programs/platforms. Examples of lethality functionality include weapon motion, sighting system motion, fire control states/modes, weapon firing, sensors, actuators, crew station interfaces (e.G., displays, hand stations), & diagnostics, with support as needed to power distribution, embedded training, etc. All efforts include consideration for fully operational & degraded modes.
- Support software and hardware development activities for make or buy items as required to ensure planned subsystem and turret-level test activities occur according to project plans.
- Prepare for laboratory/turret/vehicle integration/test by authoring test plans/procedures, defining test layout, power, harnessing, emulators, fault injection, etc.
- Perform hardware and software test in lab, turret, and vehicle environments to release new/modified designs and/or to investigate & troubleshoot issues. Such testing includes use of various types of test equipment (e.G., multi-meters, oscilloscopes, Ethernet/CANBus/RS-422/etc. Bus monitors, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, custom test equipment). Includes consideration for model-based test and automated test.
- Summarize integration/test findings via test reports upon completion, working to identify corrective actions for issues.
- Support box-level verification/qualification tests as required, including environmental test.
- Analyze subsystem requirements and develop logic for flowcharts, state charts, state diagrams, and lethality algorithms for design documents.
- Support development, production, and fielding by investigating problem reports (e.G., engineering, manufacturing, or obsolescence problem reports) & resolving issues. Support development and release of design changes to address issues.
- Coordinate with other organizations, compiling input, providing status, and providing suggested course(s) of action as required.
- Work with outside suppliers in support of procurement / supplier management in cases where component is " buy” instead of " make.”
- Support technical reviews
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Computer Engineering (BSCE) or Robotics preferred. Similar technical degrees may be considered if experience aligns with this Requisition' s (electrical/computer-based) work description and other job requirements. Fewer years will be required with an advanced degree within same or applicable discipline(s).
- Job primarily in the office and on-site in laboratory and/or turret/vehicle. Occasional travel to field, production, or supplier facilities required, including both domestic & international (largely Canada) destinations. Durations typically <=1 week. Infrequently >=2 weeks.
- Specific experience with lethality, fire control, sighting, & weapon control subsystem elements preferred, but not essential. However, experience within some commercial and/or military vehicle integrated subsystem preferred, with desire & ability to apply experiences to lethality subsystem.
- Hands-on experience with laboratory and/or vehicle integration/test preferred, including use of specialized test equipment (e.G., multi-meters, bus analyzers, oscilloscopes, data-recording devices) required. Experience with software tools (e.G., Matlab) to post-process and interpret recorded data also desired.
- Experience with embedded processing development required, using high-level (e.G., Labview, Matlab/Simulink) and/or lower-level (e.G., C, C++) development tools. Experience can be with integration/test tools (e.G., laboratory emulators) or with vehicle hardware. Specific experience with Matlab/Simulink model-based code development preferred.
- Experience with electrical hardware design desired (e.G., 2-wire interconnect diagrams, test harnesses, lab test hardware & emulators) desired.
- Experience with requirements management (e.G., via DOORS) desired.
- Ability to meet essential Anthropomorphic Size Restriction (ASR) requirements to work inside turrets & military vehicles is required.
- Ability to lift and carry test equipment weighing 30 lbs required.
- Overtime, weekend, holiday, & off-hours work occasionally required to complete time-critical tasks.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Valid passport, or ability to obtain valid passport, required.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Senior Technical Recruiter
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!