Windows Systems Administrator
CPI is partnered with a large defense industry company in Chantilly, VA that is hiring an Windows Systems Administrator on a direct hire basis. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required. A DoD TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of resume submission. A polygraph will be completed.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012/2016 and Workstation 7/10/embedded environments
- Experience with WSUS / SCCM for application patching
- Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining data center and office equipment
- Basic network experience
- Proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Proficient knowledge of other related disciplines
- Proficient with requirements management & system modeling tools
- Recognizes various architectural patterns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient written and verbal communications skills
- Able to sell concepts and ideas
- Creative thinker
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- DoD 8570.1M compliant
- Bachelor' s degree and three years of relevant experience
- Seeking a Systems Administrator with experience in any of the following topics; Server or Workstation Administration, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office, VMware, Citrix, SCCM, Change Management.
- Will be a team member for the day-to-day operations of production customer Insider Threat analytic network
- Will work closely with a small team of diverse skill sets
- Will be responsible for maintaining the health and wellbeing of the current infrastructure
- Candidates should have strong Tier 1-2 administrative and debugging experience
- A strong candidate will be comfortable working in a multi-vendor network with a large array of COTS applications
- Will work closely on Assessment and Authorization (A&A) efforts to ensure the infrastructure meets all requirements
- Candidate must be security conscious
- Candidates must be self-starters and have the aptitude to work independently in a fast passed continuously evolving environment
- Respond to customer and teammate service desk tickets and remediate application/infrastructure issues
- Manage the Windows Server Infrastructure including Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Lync Server, Exchange Servers, SQL Clusters, File Clusters, Print Servers, Web Servers, and various application servers
- Create and maintain system accounts using Windows Active Directory
- Develop automated tasks to streamline manual activities
- Maintain Operating System baselines (Windows Server 2012/2016 and Workstation 7/10/embedded)
- Ensure the systems meet security requirements (IAVA patching)
- Maintain production Thin Client Infrastructure with Windows Embedded and HPE Thin Pro
- Monitor and remediate system backup issues
- Monitor SIEM for system incidents
- Participate in internal / external security audits/inspections, create and maintain Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) as required
- Assist team with continuous monitoring, implementation and troubleshooting of required patch compliance for all clients
- Responsibilities may require periodic evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.