Windows Systems Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in a specialized area; or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Infrastructure components: Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, DNS, Client, DHCP, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Office, IIS Web,
- Proficient with maintaining virtualization environments: VMware and Citrix XenDesktop
- Experience with Active Directory domains and trusts, security delegation and file share security
- PKI and TLS/SSL certificate integrations
- Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a plus
- McAfee Epolicy and Enterprise Security Manager, WhatsUp Gold
- Client ProLiant series, HPE/Dell workstation and Thin Clients maintenance and deployments
- Basic networking experience and understanding of LAN switching and VLANs
- Experience with remote server administration using HPE iLO
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- DoD 8570.1M compliant
- Operating System certification preferred (E.G. Microsoft, VMware)
- Bachelor' s Degree plus three years of relevant experience
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Seeking a strong Systems Engineer/Administrator with wide experience with Microsoft Information System Networks, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, VMware and Citrix
- Will be a key team member for the day-to-day operations of production customer security analytic network
- Will work closely with a small team of diverse skill sets
- Will develop integration strategies for new software solutions, while maintaining the health and wellbeing of the current infrastructure
- Candidates should have strong Tier1-2 administrative and debugging experience along with system/application integration experience
- A strong candidate will be comfortable working in a multi-vendor network with a large array of COTS applications
- Will work closely on Assessment and Authorization (A&A) efforts to ensure the infrastructure meets all requirements
- Candidate must be security conscious and ensure all deployments meet A&A requirements with DISA standards
- Candidates must be self-starters, comfortable with spending time in a data center, and have the aptitude to work independently in a fast passed continuously evolving environment
- Manage the Windows Server Infrastructure including Active Directory, Lync Server, Exchange Servers, SQL Clusters, File Clusters, Web Servers, and various application servers
- Create and maintain Operating System baseline images (Windows Server 2012/2016 and Workstation 7/10/embedded)
- Maintain production Thin Client infrastructure with Windows Embedded
- Gather and develop requirement from team leads and application users, research technical solutions, design and implement software/hardware solutions
- Develop system and application backup strategies
- Deploy new server and workstations through SCCM for physical and VMware templates for Virtual Machines
- Answer customer and teammate help desk tickets and remediate application/infrastructure issues
- Participate in internal / external security audits/inspections, create and maintain Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) as required.
- Maintaining and administer Group Policy Objects in Microsoft Active Directory
- Enforce security hardening on systems through group policy and system configuration from DISA STIG guidelines and customer requirements
- Manage McAfee EPO updates and Virus scanning across server and workstation infrastructure
- Assist team with continuous monitoring, implementation and troubleshooting of required patch compliance for all client and server devices utilizing SCCM server
- Responsibilities may require periodic evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported
- Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements under supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
- Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
- Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.G., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Participates in Modeling and Simulation
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.