Wire Harness Designer
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
SUMMARY Design new, modified, or improved components and basic parts in accordance with engineering standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prepare design layouts, diagrams, wiring harnesses, electrical systems, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, in support of the overall vehicle design.
2. Create and revise drawings. Perform other engineering-related tasks as required i.E., analysis, bills of material creation, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact.
3. Design vehicle components to meet customer requirements.
4. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues and conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
5. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
6. Select parts and/or design components for compliant and cost/quality-conscious design
7. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
8. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the client
9. Conduct duties consistent with the Company' s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
Associates degree in Electrical Design or equivalent experience
3-plus years related experience
Experience with Windchill software
Experience with Creo/Pro-E application
Experience with electrical harness and electrical assembly design
Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."